In order to make your experience at Holiday Valley more enjoyable, we have put together some Frequently Asked Questions.
What are the training hours for the program?
Weekend training runs from 9 a.m. – 11:30 a.m., a lunch break from 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m., followed by training from 12:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. Weekday training runs after school 5:00-6:30 p.m.
Where do the athletes meet for training?
The athletes should be out front of the New Training Center at 8:45 a.m.
What do children do for lunch?
Holiday Valley does not monitor your children during the lunch hour. We would advise parents to either pack a lunch for their child, (a unsupervised lunch area is available in the Training Center) or make necessary arrangements to pick your child up at the Training Center at 11:30 a.m., when lunch begins.
I would like to contact the coach who is instructing my child, how can I contact him?
Contacting your child’s Holiday Valley coach can be achieved in a number of different ways.
- Email: click on the Coaches tab at the top of this page and select the coach that works with your child’s age group.
- If you don’t know who your child’s coach is, either select the Head Coach for your child’s age group or Miguel Azcarate, the Program Director, and he will forward your request to the proper coach.
- The coaching staff at Holiday Valley is normally available to answer any questions regarding your child’s needs at the Holiday Valley Training Center, before and after practice.
- Phone the Training Center at 716-699-2345 ext 4414 and someone will answer your questions or direct your call to the proper channels.
How do the athletes get lockers?
Contact Miguel, the Program Director, at 716-633-2345 ext. 4414 or see the Training Center front desk during training hours.
Tips to improve your visit to The Holiday Valley Training Center:
- Get your season passes before the first day of training.
- Show up early for the first few visits, until you are comfortable with the schedule.
- Contact Miguel, the Program Director, at 716-633-2345 ext. 4414 with any pre-season questions.
- Get a locker for your child’s equipment at the Training Center. This saves parents from hauling equipment and also saves wear on equipment.
- Get to know the front desk attendant, she is always available to help answer your questions or direct you to where your questions can be answered.
What happens if we are late for training?
We at Holiday Valley understand, the front desk attendant is in radio contact with every Head Coach. She can direct you to where your child can catch up with their group.